Oh dear reader, I know how much you have not been wondering where I’ve been and what I’ve been up to but too bad because I’m going to tell you anyway.
As you may already know, I’ve been busy taking care of the new grand baby. Doing things like
- Promptly preparing a bottle upon hearing the whining.
- Popping the empty bottle out of tight lips and saying “all gone.”
- Hearing loud burps and ending up with half the bottle’s contents on my shirt.
- Having gallons of drool drip onto my jeans.
- Smelling tons of toots.
- Buckling a squirmy body into the car seat.
- Dragging a drowsy, floppy body down the hall and into the bedroom.
- Pulling off clothes that are full of food crumbs.
- Listening to loads of gibberish said in the most sincere manner but never understanding a word.
It’s taken more out of me than I expected which surprises me because of course I’ve done this all before. More than once too. After all, these are the same experiences I went through while dating fraternity guys in college.